Total Pageviews

Monday, January 27, 2014

Sunshine of Your Love

When the entire world seems to be headed away from You,
Lord, give me the strength to flee to You.
In Your strength, I can face anything.
Even if I am forced to fight against countless enemies,
if I am pressed to the point where I despair of my very life,
just to get a glimpse of You, I will fight.


I will fight to get to You,
For where else could I go?
Who but You, Lord, holds the keys
to life, and death and eternity?

No door can stay barred against You.
Even what is done in darkest secrecy
cannot stay hidden from You.

I am in anguish inside;
I am fearful that my wicked deeds
will be found out, yet I pray that You will find them.
I pray that you will find out my wicked deeds,
for I know that my depravity will melt away
when it is exposed to Your light.

Lord, please give me Your strength
so that I may master myself and
spend my remaining days doing Your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment